How to Travel the Road of FaithJanuary 17, 2021
How to Travel the Road of Faith
Pastor Terry Wilcox
Everyone who travels the road of faith needs help.
Psalms 120 – 134 are called “songs of ascent”
I call on the Lord in my distress,
and he answers me.
Save me, Lord,
from lying lips
and from deceitful tongues.
What will he do to you,
and what more besides,
you deceitful tongue?
He will punish you with a warrior’s sharp arrows,
with burning coals of the broom bush.
Woe to me that I dwell in Meshek,
that I live among the tents of Kedar!
Too long have I lived
among those who hate peace.
I am for peace;
but when I speak, they are for war.
Not a song, but honest and
The world to us!
- Psalm 120:1-2 Psalmist is crying for
The truth about you and me is that God us and us.
The truth about those around us is that God them and them too!
The truth about this world is that God created it, over it, and for it.
The truth about what is wrong with this world is found in Romans 3:23.
The truth about God is: found in John 3:16
The door to God’s redemption is
- Psalm 120:3-4 announces God’s on liars.
- Psalm 120:5 Meshek – far north =
Kedar – barbaric Bedouin tribe in south = hostile.
- “The whole history of Israel is set in motion by two acts of the world – rejection which freed the people for an affirmation of God.” – Abraham Heschal
- Rejection of Mesopotamia in time of Abraham
- Rejection of Egypt in time of Moses
Our world today is variations of the lies of ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt.
“Man reigns supreme, with the forces of nature as his only possible adversaries. Man is alone, free, and growing stronger. God is either nonexistent or unconcerned. It is human initiative that makes history, and it is primarily by force that constellations change. Man can attain his own salvation.” – Abraham Heschel
- Honestly recognize your need.
- Choose the narrow road.
- Guard yourself from the world’s lies.
- Trust God to travel with you, knowing His intervention will be your deliverance.