A Born Loser Becomes A WinnerOctober 25, 2020
A Born Loser Becomes A Winner
I Chronicles 4:9-10
Pastor Terry Wilcox
One Hebrew scholar proposed three reasons not to study Chronicles:
- Too long
- First nine chapters
- It is a rehash of Samuel and Kings
However – two verses in chapter four have changed millions of lives.
Dr. Leslie Allen says verse nine is “deliberately .”
In popular thinking so negative a name, which commemorated the hard time his mother had in giving birth to him, made Jabez a born loser.
Has someone given you a “bad name?” Jesus reputations.
Consider the Four Parts of Jabez’s Prayer:
- Verse 10 – “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me…'”
In the biblical sense “to bless” is to ask for or to impart God’s .
Don’t miss the factor.
How can we , if God doesn’t first ?
- Verse 10 – “Oh, that you would enlarge my territory.”
As God’s chosen, blessed sons and daughters, we are expected to attempt something large enough that failure is guaranteed…unless God steps in.
- Verse 10b – “…let your hand be with me…”
People who experience the miraculous hand of God are not the people who .
II Corinthians 9:9-11
“The hand of the Lord” is biblical terminology for God’s in the lives of his people.
- Verse 10b – “…keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain..”
a. out of .
b. Pray for the enemy’s traps.
Today, will you commit with me to: