A Restoration MissedNovember 1, 2020
A Restoration Missed
Pastor Terry Wilcox
Judas is Greek for the Hebrew word Judah, which means praise. Today it is synonymous with traitor.
Three Thoughts About Judas:
- He was not born a traitor.
Not even the devil was a devil from the beginning.
- Judas decided to become a disciple
a. He liked money.
b. He disagreed with Jesus.
- Judas was chosen to be an apostle
Why Did Jesus Choose Judas?
- He was not chosen to be a traitor.
a. Jesus provides everyone the opportunity to succeed.
b. The same reason as the other apostles – an act of faith.
How Did Judas Become the Most Infamous Traitor?
- Disagreement with Jesus’ plans.
- Dissatisfaction with his resources.
What Killed Him?
- Did not go to Jesus.
- Went to those who didn’t care.
- Despair and guilt.