God’s Heart For RestorationJuly 12, 2020
God’s Heart For Restoration
Pastor Terry Wilcox
Luke 15:1-2 – Religious people were stressed that Jesus:
Luke 15:3-7 – The Lost Sheep
- The effort begins with .
- The shepherd’s was the lost one.
- Restoration is the reason for the .
Luke 15:8-10 – The Lost Coin
Living like Jesus is about both and .
healings by Jesus; needed help. Who helped you?
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them…”
Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
Luke 15:9 – Another !
Luke 15:11-31 – The God and His Son
- The Father’s love is .
- The Father waited . (Luke 15:20)
THREE KINDS OF LOST PEOPLE
- The Coin = those who are lost and .
- The Sheep = those who know they’re lost but don’t know .
- The Lost Son = those who know it, but…
“When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.”
How this becomes a core value at Restoration Fellowship Church:
- A willful .
- It takes . (1 Peter 3:15)
- Hold ourselves .
The Scriptures share SEVEN THINGS WE CAN PRAY for people who do not know the Lord:
- That God would them of sin. (John 16:8)
- That their eyes would be opened to the . (2 Corinthians 4:4)
- That laborers would be to them. (Matthew 9:38)
- That their hearts would to the Gospel. (Hebrews 3:12-13)
- That they would be from the enemy. (John 17:15)
- That they would have no until they find Christ. (John 14:27)
- That God would to Himself. (John 6:44)