Select Book :
God’s Promise is Realized by SharingOctober 4, 2020 / Select Book :
God’s Promise is Realized by Sharing
Genesis 12:1-3, Luke 22:17-20, Luke 6:27-38
Pastor Terry Wilcox
God’s Covenant with Abraham was Two-fold:
- being a blessing to Abraham.
- being a blessing to others.
The New Covenant:
- This is for today.
- This covenant is for us to to .
What about us, living on this side of the New Testament?
After choosing the twelve Apostles, Luke records the Beatitudes.
- Not everyone will receive what he will say.
- We are to others the way we want to .
- for the right .
Two wrong reasons:
- Because someone has given to you.
- For the praise of people.
Two right reasons:
- Because God expects us.
- Because God has set the example.
What we sow is what we will reap.
Giving with a glad and generous heart has a way of rooting out the tough old miser within us. Even the poor need to know what they can give. Just the very act of letting go of money, or some other treasure, does something within us. It destroys the demon greed.
-Richard J Foster, Money, Sex and Power