Some Things We Won’t Know For AwhileApril 5, 2020 / John 12:
Even though we don’t yet know,
we can have peace.
John 6:53-60, 66
They called this a “hard teaching.” Why?
John 15:5, 9
Jesus’ message was consistent in both metaphors:
- John 15: He is like a vine, providing life to the branches.
- John 6: His body is the bread of . His blood is life itself flowing through us.
In Eastern culture, bread was called the .
Don’t confuse Christianity to mean imitating Christ.
- It’s not imitation, it’s .
- It’s not following rules, it’s embracing the of Christ.
- It’s not doing for Christ, it’s doing Christ.
Why? The same two reasons have divided people for 2,000 years:
- The would not accept the . They choked on v.33 (John 6:33)
- John 6:35
- John 6:38
- John 6:40
- John 6:41
John 1:1, 14
2. It meant a life of and to the of God.
Christianity is more than imitating Christ,
it is with Christ living in us.