When the Vision Appears to DieSeptember 12, 2021
When the Vision Appears to Die
Three Stories & Three Lessons
Pastor Terry Wilcox
Three Stories About Vision
- God gives Abram a radical vision
900 people awarded Nobel Prize
· 22% to people
· .2% of population
Abram at 100 years of age fathered a son by Sarah
- God gave Joseph a vision
It appears to die – Genesis 37:28, 36
Flounders, but hopeful – Genesis 39:1-4
A glimmer of hope – Genesis 38:20-21
Then we see the fulfillment: Joseph as Prime Minister
- Death of Lazarus in John 11
Three Lessons About Vision
- Compromise is the result of relying on .
a. God’s goal is our .
b. Satan tempts us to develop God’s vision:
· with our .
· settle for rather than transformation.
We think God’s best is something we , God says it is what we .
- Never try to box God in with the or .
Patience = willingness to face a problem without giving God a to solve it.
- Surrender expectations and focus hope